- There are two types of Family Law Mediation Services:
- Not-For-Profit Organisations and Private Practitioners,
- The Not-For-Profit services charge a sliding scale depending on the client’s income and these fees can range from $10.00 to approximately $300.00 per hour, Private Mediators generally charge a fixed hourly fee per client which will vary depending on the skill level and experience of the Mediator
- Generally, only private practitioners will mediate financial settlements
- Mediation is charged out to both clients, i.e. An amount per hour per client even when you are both present at the same mediation.
- Mediators generally charge considerable less than Solicitors and it is generally accepted that mediation will cost clients many thousands of dollars less than engaging a Solicitor or going to Court.
- Private Mediation will generally conclude a matter within weeks whereas engaging a Not-For-Profit Organisation or Solicitors can mean a matter will take months and in some cases years to conclude.
- If your mediator is also a Solicitor they will generally charge their normal hourly rate.
Bayside Mediation | Child Focused, Child Inclusive Mediation
Phone : +61 3 9553 6491 | 539 Highett Road, Highett
Located in Highett, Bayside Mediation service clients throughout Bayside, including but not limited to CBD, Port Philip, Glen Eira, Frankston And Mornington Peninsula