Additional Mediation Services
Bayside Mediation Helps with Child Access Arrangements in Melbourne
If your family is experiencing a separation or other similar issues, you may be looking into child access arrangements in Melbourne. Under Australian family law, children have a right to have relationships with the people they care about and must be protected from harm. It’s also true that a lawyer should be your last resort in these situations and it’s better for everyone involved if you can settle your matter out of court. At Bayside Mediation, we offer a private child focussed FDR service, your legal alternative to lawyers when you need help reaching an agreement that complies with the Family Law Act and is fair to everyone involved.
What You Should Know about Child Access Arrangements
Today, custody is considered a thing of the past and children have a right to enjoy a safe and meaningful relationship with both their parents. Here are some things to know about child access arrangements also known as parenting plans.
- Parental responsibility. When parents of children under 18 separate, they both retain parental responsibility. This shared responsibility applies to major decisions such as where the children will live, their education, religion, and healthcare.
- Parenting time. There are no longer any hard-and-fast rules about where a child will spend their time. At Bayside Mediation, we offer Child Inclusive Mediation, a form of mediation that gives the child a voice and helps parents understand the needs of their child therefore helping parents enter into agreements that are in the best interests of their children.
- Best interests of the children. All family decisions should be made with the children’s well-being in mind. Separation is difficult for kids, and it’s important to focus on what’s best for them, now and in the future.
What Sets Bayside Mediation Apart Regarding Child Access Arrangements
Bayside Mediation helps families who are separating or experiencing other disputes reach satisfactory solutions through mediation. A few of the things that set us apart include:
- We are child-focused. We take into account the child’s needs and make sure that the parents understand what is cognitively and developmentally appropriate for their children and ensure that all decisions made are in their best interests.
- Quick appointments. We are typically able to see clients within days of their first contact – not weeks or months. We understand that fast resolution is essential to helping everyone involved move forward in a healthy manner.
- Avoid lawyers. Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) provides an alternative to lawyers and should be your first contact when you find yourself considering a separation. We are professional FDR practitioners and can help families resolve a wide range of issues.
- High success rates. Altogether, our clients enjoy an 80% success rate (with the success rate of property settlements at 98%). That means that the chances are excellent of your family leaving with a solution that’s good for everyone..
We’ll work with you and your family from separation to settlement, helping you navigate the intricacies of your unique situation and facilitate an agreement that considers your children’s well-being first and foremost.
About Bayside Mediation
Bayside Mediation is a private FDR practice that provides couples who are separating with a faster, more affordable and, above all kinder alternative to litigation. We are passionate about helping our clients achieve positive results, and we’ll provide the support you need to make the best decisions for your family. Contact us today to get started.