A Child Focused Resolution Centre Offers an Alternative to Lawyers
If you and your partner are considering a separation, you may be looking for a Child Focused Resolution Centre. When it comes to making decisions regarding parental responsibility and rights, many parents are not aware of their children’s real feelings and thoughts. Having the opportunity to learn about your child’s perspective can help you reach an agreement that addresses their true needs. At Bayside Mediation, we provide Child Inclusive and Child Focused Mediation to ensure that the child’s best interests are the focus of all decisions made.
Benefits of Child Inclusive Mediation in Melbourne
If you are considering child focused mediation in Melbourne, your family is most likely experiencing a separation, something that can be extremely stressful for parents and kids alike. The good news is that today, there is a growing awareness of the importance of including children in the mediation process to ensure that their needs are met. Here are a few of the specific benefits of Child Inclusive Mediation.
- It gives kids a voice. Children have a right to have relationships with the people they care about and to be kept safe, and sometimes, the only way to determine how to do this best is to hear directly from the child involved.
- Stronger relationships with both parents. Involving children in mediation can have a long-term positive effect on the child’s relationship with both parents, as children feel reassured and validated that their feelings are important.
- Better long-term outcomes. When children feel they’ve had a say in their care plan, they may be more satisfied with the situation and have better long-term success academically, socially, and emotionally.
It is apparent that involving children in child focused mediation is a positive thing for many reasons.
What You Can Expect from Bayside Mediation Regarding Child Inclusive Mediation in Bayside
If you have never experienced child focused mediation in Bayside before, you may be wondering what to expect or even feel apprehensive about involving your child in the process. It is a simple process designed to make your child feel comfortable sharing their feelings and help everyone reach an agreement that focuses first and foremost on your child’s well-being. Here are a few things you can expect when you begin the process of child inclusive mediation.
- Child Focused Mediation. If your child is younger than four, we can still speak with you and your partner in a Child-Focused session where we will explore topics such as child development and how parenting arrangements can impact children in the various developmental stages, ensuring that the well-being of your child is the focus of our mediations.
- Child Inclusive Mediation. Children four and older can speak with a mediator directly. In this scenario, your child will have the opportunity to talk privately with a psychologist who is also a trained mediator (Child Mediator) who gives your child a voice and a safe place to express their thoughts and feelings openly.
- A follow-up session. After your child has met with the Child Mediator, you will have a chance to meet with them and your mediator to discuss how your child is coping with the separation and to hear any information your child would like you to know.
- A Parenting Plan session. After speaking with the Child mediator, you may choose to schedule a Parenting Plan session. Armed with a better understanding of your child’s needs and how your actions affect them, you and their other parent can work towards an agreement that focuses on your child’s best interests.
Why You Should Use Bayside Mediation
At Bayside Mediation, we offer a private FDR and legal alternative to using a lawyer (which should be your last resort). We are professional FDR Practitioners, providing mediation services to couples and families experiencing disputes. We put children first in every situation and take their unique needs into account when helping parents reach agreements in areas such as parenting and finances. We’ll work with you from start to finish ensuring the best outcome possible for everyone involved. Contact us today to discuss your family’s needs.